Dr Tim Brown Plastic Surgery Melbourne
About Mr. Tim Brown
- Saturday, 12 May 2012
- By Katie
MCHIR FRCS (PLAST) FRACS DMCC | SPECIALIST PLASTIC, RECONSTRUCTIVE & COSMETIC SURGEON
Mr. Brown was educated at Downing College, in the famous University of Cambridge. On completing a postgraduate research degree in transplantation Immunology at the Department of Surgery in Cambridge, he undertook surgical training in Nottingham and plastic surgical training in Sheffield and the USA.
A Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and the Royal College of Surgeons of England, Mr. Brown is certified by both as a specialist in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
He has been the recipient of the Mentor Prize awarded by the British Association of Plastic Surgeons,the Hackett Memorial Prize from the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons for his published work on cosmetic surgery. In 2012, he was awarded the prize for best publication in the Journal of the International society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons by the Australasian Society in recognition of his piece of work concerning Breast Augmentation.
As a result of working with the British Army Reserves, Mr. Tim Brown developed a strong interest in medical management of mass burn causalities. During this time as a medical officer for 23 SAS(R), he published a number of articles concerning the field management of Special Forces casualties. Subsequently, he was awarded the Diploma in the Medical care of Catastrophes from the Society of Apothecaries in London, which is currently the only Humanitarian Aid qualification recognised by the Red Cross.
After working as a National Health Service Consultant in Sheffield, he moved to Auckland and applied his energy to burn care before moving to Melbourne. During that time we was appointed Associate Professor at the University of Auckland.
In addition to his thesis concerning transplantation immunology, ha has published over 60 articles and 100 presentations concerning many areas of plastic and cosmetic surgery, including Breast Augmentation.
Since moving to Melbourne, Mr. Tim Brown has working for the Southern Health network and Peter MacCallum Hospital. He now works exclusively in private practice in Berwick and also at Beleura Private Hospital, Mornington, with a monthly clinic in Drouin.
He is a member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons and an Overseas Associate Member of the British Association of Plastic Surgeons. He is a member of the International Federation of Adipose Therapy, a scientific organisation who promote research into fat cell transfer.
Degrees & Diplomas
- 2004 FRACS Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Plastic Surgery)
- 2001 DMCC Society of Apothecaries, Dip in the Medical Care of Catastrophes
*Internationally recognised humanitarian aid qualification
- 2000 FRCS(Plast) Intercollegiate Specialty Examination, Plastic Surgery
- 1997 M.Chir . Master of Surgery, University of Cambridge
- 1995 F.R.C.S. Royal College of Surgeons of England
- 1991 M.A. Master of Arts, University of Cambridge
- 1991 M.B. Bachelor of Medicine, University of Cambridge
- 1990 B.Chir. Bachelor of Surgery, University of Cambridge
- 1990 B.A Bachelor of Arts, University of Cambridge
2012 KSJ Order of St John of Jerusalem, Knight of Honour
AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic surgeons / International Society of Plastic Surgeons Best Journal Publication 2012
- Mentor Prize 1999, British Association of Plastic Surgeons for the aesthetic surgery paper in the British Journal of Plastic Surgery
- Conrad-Lewin Prize 1998, British Association of Clinical Anatomists
- Hackett Memorial Prize 1998, British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons fo the best presentation at the Annual Meeting
- Downing College Travel Bursary, Downing College, Cambridge
- British Medical & Dental Student Trust Scholarship
- T’Sha C’hoi Scholarship, Downing College, Cambridge
- Raine Foundation Award
- Carrel Club Prize, Association of Transplant Surgeons in Training
- Thomas Burton Scholarship, Loughborough Endowed Schools
- James Elkin Foundation Scholarship, The Sports Council
- Entry Officers Course, Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst Nov – Dec 1999
- 2 i/c B Squadron, 212 FD Hosp, RAMC (v), Nottingham Aug 1999 – Jan 2000
- RMO 23 SAS(R), Jun 00 –Sept 02
CLUBS & ORGANISATIONS
- Melbourne Savage Club
- Special Forces Club, Knightsbridge, London UK
- SAS Regimental Association
For a complete listing of Mr. Tim Browns Published peer review work, please click here
For a complete listing of Mr. Tim Browns Presentations to Scientific meetings, please click here
Please email or call us on (03) 8768 5000 to enquire regarding surgery. Please note that generally an appointment with Dr Tim Brown is required to give an estimate of costs for liposuction as this surgery is a time based procedure.
- Saturday, 12 May 2012
- By Katie
The most important part of surgery is the fact that it is surgery - and should be treated as a medical procedure.
You are very welcome to bring a partner, friend or family member to your consultation.
Dr. Tim Brown will start by talking to you about your medical history and current health, including medication you take, drug allergies and smoking habits.
Dr. Brown will then spend some time explaining what usually happens with the surgery you are interested in. He does this using a time line, to try and help you visualise your recovery and how long it will take you to return to normal activities and exercise.
Dr. Tim Brown will then use the same timeline to discuss potential complications that can occur with the surgery. All of the data he provides to you is from his own audited clinical experience over the last eight years, and is a true representation of potential problems in his practice. In 2011, Dr. Tim Brown published some of his data in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the Journal of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. This publication, is peer reviewed by his colleagues internationally was awarded Best Publication by the Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS) at the 2012 meeting.
At the end of your consultation, Dr. Tim Brown encourages you to ask questions and challenge what he has said to you. If you have been doing some research on the internet, or visited another surgeon, it is good to ask why we do it our way. The more questions the better!
You are welcome to return to see Dr. Tim Brown for a further discussion if you wish, as there is a large amount of information to take in, and many people have additional questions.
Following your consultation with Dr. Tim Brown, you will be given the opportunity to talk to one of our nurse educators.
Please click here to enquire and make a time for a complimentary consultation with one of our nurse patient educators, or call us on (03) 8768 5000.